Konnichiwa! Welcome to AnnaTude! I'm Anna Bright (blogger today, best-selling author tomorrow). This blog is where I publish my work. Read on!

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Place Where More is Less

(note: The inspiration for this work was the French Revolution.)

Follow me, my children
Come out of your distress
I will take you to a paradise
A place where more is less.
We street children will dance
With the wealthy and well-dressed
And food will always be plentiful
In this world, where more is less.
No longer will we get dirty looks
Thrown upon us by the rest.
Because appearance matters not
In a place where more is less.
Our tattered clothes and belongings few
Are far from being the best
But our money will not say much of us
In this world where more is less
For unlike in the aristo's world
Where they need wealth for happiness
We realize we can rejoice
Even in our land
where more
is less.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment