Konnichiwa! Welcome to AnnaTude! I'm Anna Bright (blogger today, best-selling author tomorrow). This blog is where I publish my work. Read on!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Pictures of Then

My past isn't just
A collection of memories,
A black-and-white photo album of
Things I've seen.
It's a place.
A place for me
For me to visit in my dreams
Because you know how
They say
You can never, ever bring back
What has gone by
What has passed
What's already happened
And gone?
Well,
They're wrong.
You can go back
To those times you don't
Want to forget,
Or the way things were
And aren't, anymore.
In your dreams
And daydreams
And subconscious little games of pretend
Because everything today will be history, anyway
So why not live it like it was?
Go back to that place you
See
When

Your
Eyes
Are
Closed.
Your paradise
Your dream world
Because mine is simply
The way things used to be.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment